The Oaks is a 3 day, 2 night retreat at Shocco Springs Baptist Conference Center in which students can expect to begin building a foundation for their time at Auburn, Southern Union, or Tuskegee. Throughout the weekend they will attend several worship and teaching sessions and topic based breakout sessions. They will have the opportunity to spend time with their family groups, diving into deep community with one another and with the Lord. Students will also get the chance to attend our Ministry Fair, which is set up for our partner churches and ministries to be available for the students to get to know them and ask questions.
- Casual, comfortable clothes (t-shirts and shorts are recommended – it will be hot!)
- Clothes for our luau theme night- Hawaiian shirts, leis, grass skirts, etc.
- Rain jacket just in case!
- Sweatshirt for night or for our main sessions – it can get chilly in there!
- Comfortable shoes- tennis shoes, Tevas, chacos, etc.
- Bible, journal, pen
- Toiletries, shower items, towel
- Water Bottle
- Sunscreen, sunglasses, bug spray
- Backpack to carry your Bible, journal, water bottle, other belongings in
- Phone charger
- Pillow/blanket if you prefer to have your own, but they will be provided in your room at Shocco
- Eno – not required by any means, but you may want to bring it for free time!
- Snacks – we will provide your meals and some snacks, but you may want to bring others for free time or if you get hungry at night
3:45 – 4:30 – Registration
4:45 – Welcome and Brief Orientation
5:00 – Family Groups
5:15 – Dinner
6:30 – Session 1
8:00 – Family Groups
9:00 – Free Time
8:00 – Breakfast
9:00 – Session 2
10:00 – Family Groups and Journal/Prayer Time
11:00 – Ministry Fair
12:00 – Lunch
1:00 – Session 3
2:15 – Group Activities
2:45 – Free Time
6:00 – Dinner
7:15 – Session 4
8:30 – Family Groups
10:00 – Theme Night (Luau)
8:00 – Breakfast
9:00 – Family Groups
10:00 – Session 5
11:45 – Pictures with Family Group
12:00 – Goodbye Freshmen!